Cape complete

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


10/2011 Cape finally complete. This was the first time I ever made a garment following a pattern.

While I may be a newbie to the pattern world, I have a background in technical design and I found the pattern to be quite troublesome (like many of the others who have attempted the pattern).

The hood is badly drafted, its really over sized and really took away for the otherwise tailored aesthetic of the cape. I redrafted my own version of the hood the end. The pattern instructions didn’t have lining, so I winged it and made up my own interruption of it anyway.

Other then that I have to say I am totally in love with the cape. The amount of compliments I get about this is incredible.

Material Notes

2m of a cashmere woolen weave and 2m of silk crepe for the lining.




2 thoughts on “Cape complete

  1. theredwren

    I really love this. I’ve just been looking at the pattern on BS and wanted to see some finished ones. I’m a bit unsure given the hood seems to get a bad wrap though! Love your lining.

    1. fionabrid Post author

      Yes I have to say I was not particularly happy with the pattern. I had to alter the shoulders also. My hood is completely different from the patterns hood, I made the hood as per the instructions however it looked awful. I redrafted and hood using the hood from another garment as an example. It was alot of hassle I must admit however as I am relatively new to sewing the challenge was good for me.

      Good luck if you do go ahead and make it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s